Helping Veterans Could Be Your Legacy
What Would You Like to Be Remembered For?
You can leave a legacy of caring for our veterans when you include Help Heal Veterans in your estate planning. Your gift will be a powerful reminder of your commitment to honoring our heroes, and you’ll continue changing lives for years to come.
Imagine the pride and delight of the many veterans who will receive craft kits because of you, and the many beautiful crafts that will exist as proof of the healing you fostered.
Today is the best time to plan for the future. Give yourself the peace of mind that comes from knowing your wishes will be carried out.
It’s Simple to Get Started
“Where there’s a will, there’s a way.” Making a bequest in your will ensures that your estate is settled as you intended. Fortunately, setting up your planned gift requires just a few steps to get started.
- We strongly advise you to contact an estate lawyer to help you write or change your will.
- Decide whether you would like to leave a specific dollar amount or piece of property, a percentage of your total estate or a percentage of your residuary estate, which is what remains after all other bequests and expenses have been settled.
- Include our legal name and address: Help Heal Veterans, Inc., 36585 Penfield Lane, Winchester CA 92596
- Include the following language in your will: “I give, devise, and bequeath to Help Heal Veterans, Inc., federal tax identification number 95-2706737, residing at 36585 Penfield Lane, Winchester CA 92596, the sum of $ [amount] (or describe the real or personal property or percentage of your estate to be used for its general purposes).”
- You can always change your will at a future date if your desires or circumstances change.
Remember, without a will, the courts may have to decide how to interpret your wishes. Make sure that your gift reaches our veterans by planning your estate in writing today.
Planned Giving Program
Join Our Wall of Honor Today
Our planned giving donors’ memories live on at our California headquarters, where our Wall of Honor displays their names with our gratitude. You can join our company of angels there when you remember Help Heal Veterans in your will. Talk to Tracey Kazemi after you’ve established your gift to join this program.